Saturday 12 August 2017

Guest Designer - Inspirational Challenge!


A couple of weeks ago I was thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer for Inkspirational Challenges...and today I'm sharing my card for their new challenge, where the theme is:

'Waves'

When I was given the theme, I immediately thought of this cute Penny Black stamp called 'Fishing!'...with the little hedgies setting sail on the ocean waves in search of a catch! I coloured the image using watercolour pencils...matching the papers from the 'Shoreline' pad by American Crafts. I distressed all of the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Anytime Messages' set by Hero Arts...I masked of the 'W' at the start of the sentiment before inking, then replaced it with an 'F' using a black gel pen.


For more inspiration from the awesome design team, please pop over to the Inkspirational Challenges!

7 comments:

  1. HI Helen, what a cute card! I love this PB stamp and the simple yet detailed look you've created using the patterned papers. Thanks for being our GD at Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Cornwall! I just had to take time out from packing up for our return journey to thank you for being our wonderful Guest Designer at Inkspirational. This card is so cute and colourful and I'm in awe of all your clever tricks. The faux stitching looks totally real and the sentiment surgery is seemless and absolutely perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you as GD and what an amazing card. Fab image and great colouring. That stitching looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, your colouring matches the papers perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I love how you used the different paper and your waves are perfect for the challenge! Congrats on the DT position. It is great having you design with us this week!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaaaawwww this is so cute! Lovely colours and a super cute image. I would be glad if you show it on my challenge blog - please visit it!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww the perfect image for our cue word. LOVE the design and your colouring. Thanks for guesting with us at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x